Five ways the cloud helps Facilities Managers stay on top of trends
New technology is rapidly changing the way facilities are managed. Not only does an increasingly mobile workforce require information on demand, the buildings themselves can collect massive amounts of data through internet-enabled devices. While these changes mean the Facility Manager is increasingly seen as a key contributor to organizational performance, too often the technological foundation is not in place to support these new demands.
As cloud solutions experts operating in the facility sector, we regularly find Facility Managers still trying to make-do with dated, on-premise IT solutions. There are many reasons for this, but often it comes down to a misunderstanding about how crucial the cloud is to meet today's facilities demands. To help you make the case for the cloud, we've compiled five compelling reasons that demonstrate how it can help your facility stay on top of the latest trends.
1. Mobile access, anytime, anywhere. You need to meet the needs of a mobile workforce. By moving your facility management to the cloud, your data and applications are available anytime, anywhere, on any device.
2. Sustainability. By securely processing large amounts of information, including real-time data feeds, we empower you to make better informed decisions about energy use and emissions.
3. Security and reliability. Your IT systems are increasingly critical to your operations. With your data in the cloud, you'll benefit from industry-leading availability, back-up and disaster recovery processes.
4. Internet of Things devices. The rapid growth of internet-connected devices, such as smart lighting and HVAC systems, brings with it a need to manage and secure large amounts of data. Our cloud solutions provide the capabilities you need to embrace the full benefits of this technology.
5. Data-driven decision making. FM analytics is about more than just work order tracking. With all of your data sets integrated in the cloud, you have the opportunity to dive deeper into facility performance. This even gives you the ability to investigate the relationship between facility performance and external data sets—like foot traffic or sales.
THe Fuseforward Facilities solution
We can move your facility management applications securely to the cloud and integrate all of your data sources. The result is a suite of applications that work together seamlessly and a foundation for powerful big data analytics. Benefits of the FuseForward Facilities Solution include:
- Streamlined data: We integrate multiple data sources in one secure place, including streaming data collected by smart devices and control systems.
- The full picture across your entire portfolio: By consolidating your data, we provide a single source of information that encompasses all of your facilities.
- Simplified approach: Instead of managing a complex cloud migration project, you simply choose your applications, define your requirements and we configure a solution to suit you.
Whether you already have your own asset management software or want us to provide it, we can tailor a facilities solution that suits your needs. If you are looking for advice on how to move your facility to the cloud, we are here to help. Send us your questions through our Contact Us form.
Return to main blog page.